These modern drives possess outstanding properties. They are maintenance-free like three-phase motors and can be controlled very well like direct current motors.
Their salient properties are:
* high efficiency and high power density
* constant torque over the entire speed range
* very high starting torque
* short-term overload capacity up to 1.6 times, depending on motor type, resp. up to four times the nominal moment
* low-noise running
* high dynamic response due to low mass moment of inertial proof against demagnetisation by the use of rare earth's magnets