A dryer unit entirely in stainless steel and aluminium, enabling thermomodification of the wood at temperatures as high as 230°C, thus changing several physical characteristics, such as colour, hardness, hygroscopic behaviour and durability.
With this type of treatment it is possible to obtain:
- a dark and even wood colour;
- a material resistant to deterioration (useful in case of garden furniture) without the use of chemical treatments (which are not always tolerated);
- a more stable material and less sensitive to variations in ambient humidity.
The main uses are:
- outdoor furniture,
- inside and outside finishing elements;
- coverings for saunas, bathrooms and edges of pools;
- door and window frames.
For the dealer or the manufacturer of wooden elements, the most interesting aspect is the enhancement of the material handled, allowing:
- a higher selling price, thanks to the improved quality;
- elimination of defects in colour and appearance of the material due to sapwood or other decolouration;
- the use of materials easy to obtain locally, instead of expensive imported quality materials;
Treatment consists of three main stages:
- wood drying at near-zero humidity;
- high temperature heat treatment;
- final conditioning and cooling.