SLK 3 is a working unit consisting of CANTER and moving CIRCULAR BLADES to be linked to the vertical log band saw for performing following operations:
- As a canter, for grinding the slabs
- As a canter and circular re-saw for grinding the slabs of prismatic sections or planks obtaining, at the same time, small planks (multi-blade saw) or small beams
- As a canter and circular saw for small diameter logs with, to cut small planks and prismatic sections.
- Steel structure
- Electronic thickness adjusting head for canter head control and 2 moving spindles, all controlled from the control panel
- Canter and blade spindle positioning by means of D.C. motors
- Cutting system consisting of 8 knives and 2 toothed segments.