10 - 14 May
TU Braunschweig, iBHolz
Wood is a renewable resource with long-term availability that is sustainable until the end of its lifecycle. The development of new manufactoring methods has lead to the loss of historic constraints, opening a broad field of opportunities to the application of timber constructions.
iBHolz offers postgraduate students in Industrial and Civil Engineering in-depth education in various aspects of timber construction. Several mandatory lectures provide extended elementary knowledge, supplemented by individually chosen subjects of specialisation. The offered lectures are:
- Timber Components and Connections
- Spatial Timber Structures
- Timber Building Design
- Timber Panel Constructions
- Adhesive Technology in Timber Construction
- Conservation of Timber Structures
- FEM in Timber Construction
- CAD in Timber Constructioin
Research and Teaching in Timber Construction
iBHolz conducts research in various timber-related questions that are raised by industry and society. Tha bandwidth spans aspects of spatial and plane mechanics ...