10 - 14 May
A dryer unit entirely in stainless steel and aluminium, enabling thermomodification of the wood at temperatures as high as 230°C, thus changing several physical characteristics, such as colour, hardness, hygroscopic behaviour and durability.
With this type of treatment it is possible to obtain:
- a dark and even wood colour;
- a material resistant to deterioration (useful in case of garden furniture) without the use of chemical treatments (which are not always tolerated);
- a more stable material and less sensitive to variations in ambient humidity.
The main uses are:
- outdoor furniture,
- inside and outside finishing elements;
- coverings for saunas, bathrooms and edges of pools;
- door and window frames.
For the dealer or the manufacturer of wooden elements, the most interesting aspect is the enhancement of the material handled, allowing:
- a higher selling price, thanks to the improved quality;
- elimination of defects in colour and appearance of the material due to sapwood or other decolouration;
- the use of materials easy to obtain locally, instead of expensive imported quality materials;
Treatment consists of three main stages:
- wood drying at near-zero humidity;
- high temperature heat treatment;
- final conditioning and cooling.
The company DE NARDI from Campolongo Sul Brenta (VI), manufacturer of plants for drying, vaporizing and for the heat treatment of wood, has been doing business for ...
SIRIO 9000 is a development of the SIRIO 8800. The functions and management have been improved and at the same time also simplified thanks to the practical touch-screen ...
The steaming plants can be created with the direct system (VAP-D) or in direct system (VAP-I). In the VAP-D system, the low pressure steam is injected directly inside ...