HOMAG and tesa develop a new process
Gluing technology for integrated composite windows
In window production, appearance and break-in protection requirements are increasingly coming to the fore when it comes to manufacturing the adhesive bond between the pane and the frame. HOMAG and tesa wanted to develop a simple production solution with a reliable process to address these requirements. The process is also required for manufacturing integrated windows.
The core of the new process is the application of an integrated adhesive tape, tesa® ACXplus, which is inserted into the window frame after planing. After CNC processing, the window—including the adhesive tape—can be painted, ensuring that the color of the joint is identical.
The protective film on the adhesive tape can then be easily removed before inserting the window, and the pane no longer has to be sealed with silicone.
Properties of integrated windows:
- More light in the room: Narrow wing profiles mean up to 20% more glass.
- Modern design: Flush to the outside when installed in the soffit, the frame is practically invisible.
- Low maintenance requirements: The pane of glass and the frame are fixed in place and securely connected to one another. The wing does not have to be "set."
- Increased break-in protection: The pane of glass cannot be separated from the wing frame and reinforces the frame. This makes the frame more robust in the event of an attempted break-in.
- High thermal insulation: The narrow frame ensures the windows achieve the best U-Values.
- Glues and adhesives for woodworking
Tool manager and material manager
EDGETEQ S-240 edge banding machine
EDGETEQ S-500 SERIES
Laminating with the LAMTEQ F-200
Next generation: SPRAYTEQ S-100
EDGETEQ S-800 profiLine series
CENTATEQ T-300 SERIES
WALLTEQ M-380 insuFill
Automation in house construction
Faster help thanks to intelliServiceNet
iPackage and the ServiceBoard app
powerTouch2: next generation
Interested in news about exhibitors, top offers and trends in the industry?
Your web browser is outdated. Update your browser for more security, speed and optimal presentation of this page.Update Browser